Welcome to my personal blog, the place where to read about Business Law, especially outside-the-box legal insights for those interested in doing business in Spain or Romania.
Below is all the information you might ever need to know about me:
In September 2015 I started my journey as Partner at IntLaw, a law firm comprised of top international lawyers, specialised in Business Law consulting.
Previously, I was a for more than two years Senior Lawyer at the prestigious Spanish law firm Ramon y Cajal Abogados, and before that I worked for over four years as Associate Lawyer at Baker & McKenzie, a world-leading international law firm.
In addition, I am also a longstanding member of the working group on legislative changes in mortgage executions in the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB).
My activity particularly focuses on Corporate Compliance, M&A, Corporate, Contractual and Commercial Law, but throughout the years I’ve specialised in the following practices:
- Advice in M&A operations;
- Advice in operations developed in cross-country jurisdictions;
- Joint ventures, disputes between shareholders, financial and corporate restructuration;
- Advice in private equity operations;
- Advice in relation to CSR;
- Advice, design and implementation of Corporate Compliance programs;
- Advice in relation to E-Commerce;
- Advice in pre-bankruptcy proceedings and acquisitions of productive units in bankruptcy process;
- Advice in national and international contractual relations;
- Advice in the process of internationalization of the Company.
For quite a while now, I’ve been a lecturer at the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, also I am an assciated professor at ESADE in Barcelona, attended university seminars as guest speaker. I also received the honour of being named Academic Director of the LLM in Compliance at EIS from 2016-2021. I also teach at ISDE Barcelona, and in 2022 I was invited as visting professor at ASE Bucharest to teach a course. Co-coordinator of the Course ”Regulatory Compliance and U.S. Law” (1st Ed. March 2018, 2nd Ed. March 2019, 3rd Ed September 2020) at Fordham University NYC in collaboration with EIS.
At the same time, I am working on finishing my PhD in General Principles of Law, Economic Law and Business Law at ESADE Barcelona, where I am also a member of the UNIJES inter-university legal research group that focuses on ‘Microfinancial institutions: regime and efficient governance’. I am under excedence (in pause) in relation to the thesis.
I hold one master diploma from ESADE, in legal research, and two masters diplomas from the ISDE, Magna Cum Laude in International Law, and the other in International Law, Foreign Commerce and International Relations; whereas my undergraduate law studies extend back to the University of Granada in Spain, where I pride in graduating with Magna Cum Laude 13 modules.
Member of the Spanish Royal Academy of Case Law and Law, as Associated Collaborator (Real Academia Academia de Jurisprudencia y Legislación, Colaborador Asociado).
Publications and Awards
Published several articles in specialty magazines:
- in Romania (Revista de Drept Comercial)
- in Spain (Revista Iuris, Aranzadi, Cuadernos de la Catedra Garrigues, Mond Juridic ICAB, “Hay Derecho” blog).
Co-authored the Spanish Chapter in the International Law handbook ‘International Joint Ventures’ with Dennis Campbell (Director at Center for International Legal Studies, Austria).
Prizes and awards:
- 1st prize at the Fiscal Law category at the second Edition of the International Law Prize ISDE-IABA (Inter-American Bar Association), being the youngest winner (25 at the time), in 2010;
- 1st prize for International Private Law, at the sixth Edition of the ISDE Prize in 2014;
- Romanian Occident prize for business law excellency in Spain, in 2016.
- October 2017, Premio del Jurado Asociación Española de Escuelas de Negocios.
- February 2018, Medalla de Oro al Mérito en el Trabajo, Asociación Española de Economía y Competitividad.
- May 2018, the excellency prize, granted by Occidentul Romanesc magazine.
- October 2018, included in Top 100 best Romanian professionals abroad all World Wide, granted by Repatriot.
- 2021-22 Included in Best Lawyers at the category Franchise Law
2022-23 Included in Best Lawyers at the category Franchise Law