Welcome to my personal blog, the place where to read about Business Law, especially outside-the-box legal insights for those interested in doing business in Spain or Romania.
Below is all the information you might ever need to know about me:
In September 2015 I started my journey as Partner at IntLaw, a law firm comprised of top international lawyers, specialised in Business Law consulting.
Previously, I was a for more than two years Senior Lawyer at the prestigious Spanish law firm Ramon y Cajal Abogados, and before that I worked for over four years as Associate Lawyer at Baker & McKenzie, a world-leading international law firm.
In addition, I am also a longstanding member of the working group on legislative changes in mortgage executions in the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB).
My activity particularly focuses on Corporate Compliance, M&A, Corporate, Contractual and Commercial Law, but throughout the years I’ve specialised in the following practices:
- Advice in M&A operations;
- Advice in operations developed in cross-country jurisdictions;
- Joint ventures, disputes between shareholders, financial and corporate restructuration;
- Advice in private equity operations;
- Advice in relation to CSR;
- Advice, design and implementation of Corporate Compliance programs;
- Advice in relation to E-Commerce;
- Advice in pre-bankruptcy proceedings and acquisitions of productive units in bankruptcy process;
- Advice in national and international contractual relations;
- Advice in the process of internationalization of the Company.
For quite a while now, I’ve been a lecturer at the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, as well as been teaching courses organised by Barcelona Bar (ICAB) for the Bar’s lawyers, attends numerous university seminars as guest speaker. Recently, I received the honour of being named Academic Director of the LLM in Compliance offered by ISDE (Instituto Superior de Derecho y Económia).
At the same time, I am working on finishing my PhD in General Principles of Law, Economic Law and Business Law at ESADE Barcelona, where I am also a member of the UNIJES inter-university legal research group that focuses on ‘Microfinancial institutions: regime and efficient governance’.
I hold two masters diplomas from the ISDE, Magna Cum Laude in International Law, and the other in International Law, Foreign Commerce and International Relations; whereas my undergraduate law studies extend back to the University of Granada in Spain, where I pride in graduating with Magna Cum Laude 13 modules.
Publications and Awards
Co-authored the International Law handbook ‘International Joint Ventures’ with Dennis Campbell (Director at Center for International Legal Studies, Austria).
Published several articles in specialty magazines:
- in Romania (Revistade Drept Comercial)
- in Spain (Revista Iuris, Aranzadi, Cuadernos de la Catedra Garrigues, Mond Juridic ICAB, “Hay Derecho”blog).
Currently, my writing efforts focus developing a juridical book at the Spanish national level in Spain, and coordinating the Spanish translation of the Romanian Civil Code.
Of the awards I gained for various performances, I am most proud of the:
- 1st prize at the Fiscal Law category at the second Edition of the International Law Prize ISDE-IABA (Inter-American Bar Association), being the youngest winner (25 at the time), in 2010;
- 1st prize for International Private Law, at the sixth Edition of the ISDE Prize in 2014;
- Romanian Occident prize for business law excellency in Spain, in 2016.